Weet-bix Kids TRYathlon - Hamilton
The Hamilton Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon is located at the University of Waikato fields in Hamilton East. The TRYathlon will begin with the swim leg in the outdoor pool at University of Waikato. The pool is 50m in length, with a depth of 0.9m in the shallow end and 1.4m in the deep end. The Transition area is located on the University of Waikato fields a short distance from the pool. The bike leg is around the streets surrounding the University of Waikato fields, and the run leg is around the field itself. You can download our course map from the Event Day Info tab to see the full routes. The best areas for parking will be announced in our event information emails to registered participants and on our Facebook page closer to the event date.
Follow us for updates! Remember to join your Hamilton TRYathlon event page on Facebook! We’ll be posting updates about your TRYathlon in the lead up to your event day that you won’t want to miss out on.
DATE: Morning of Sunday, 17 February 2019
LOCATION: University Fields, Hamilton East, Waikato
ENTRY AGE: Entry is open to all 7 to 15 year olds. (Based on age on event day)
- Junior Team 7 – 10 years
- Senior Team 11- 15 years
NB: Both team members must meet age requirements. Teams can be mixed gender (i.e boy / girl)
- 7 Years: Swim 50m; Cycle 4km; Run 1.5km
- 8-10 Years: Swim 100m; Cycle 4km; Run 1.5km
- 11-15 Years: Swim 200m; Cycle 8km; Run 1.5km
- Junior Teams of Two (7 Years): Swim 50m; Cycle 4km; Run 1.5km
- Junior Teams of Two (8-10 Years): Swim 100m; Cycle 4km; Run 1.5km
- Senior Teams of Two (11-15 Years): Swim 200m; Cycle 8km; Run 1.5km
NB: One team member completes the swim, one team member completes the cycle and both complete the run.
Entry fees vary based on type of entry and discount type.
Earlybird, Online, Multiple event, Family & School Group discounts are available.
On the Day entries are available unless the event sells out prior.
|REGISTERED PACKAGE||EARLYBIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE||FULL PRICE|
|Until January 17th 2019||Until February 14th 2019|
|School group discount||n/a||n/a|
|Multi-event discount||n/a||$4-off discount|
ENTRY FEES INCLUDE:
- Official Bib Number.
- Official Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon T-Shirt.
- Official Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Swim Cap.
- Official Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Kit Bag.
- Official Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Finishers medal.
- Complimentary Breakfast at the Weet-Bix Better Brekkie Breakfast tent.
- All TRYathletes are eligible for spot prizes (must attend prizegiving).
- Delivery of TRYathlete Kit by courier if entered by 30 Jan ’19.
Earlybird entry closes 17 Jan ’19.
Online entries close 14 Feb ’19.
Entries received by 30 Jan ’19 will receive free delivery of Event Kit.
EVENT TIMINGS (APPROX):
Check-In – 7:00am
TRYathlon start – 9:00am
TRYathlon concludes – 1:30pm
NB: Start timings by age will be confirmed prior to event.
Schools can register their school and create a School Group.
A School Group provides a number of benefits including “SPECIAL SCHOOL GROUP” entry price, a school photo and the chance to win awesome prizes for your school. For more details click here
Upon entering, link to your School Group, or if it doesn’t exist ask your school coordinator to create one.
FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE: Follow the Hamilton event page to stay up to date with all the latest news, tips and announcements.