Women's Street Smart Self Defence Workshop - Hamilton
The Women's Street Smart workshops are probably one of the best, practical, comprehensive and informative self-defence workshops for women in New Zealand. The instructors know not to spend too much time talking and utilise as much time as possible demonstrating and making sure everyone masters the techniques shown.
What can you expect out of the workshop?
- You learn the vital parts of the body - parts of the body that are vulnerable & easy to attack.
- Learn how to defend yourself against slaps, punches, pushes & grabs.
- Learn to defend yourself against headlock's, hair grabbing, wrist grabs.
- Learn how to defend yourself against choke holds.
- Learn how to block an attack confidently.
- Learn how to use your hands, legs, knees & elbows.
- Learn to defend yourself against many other types of attacks with confidence.
- Learn effective rape defence techniques
- And LOTS MORE!
This is the tenth year that the workshops have been running for the community. All you need to take with you is a positive attitude, comfortable clothing, a drinks bottle and towel plus something to eat during the breaks. Please note that the workshop takes people out of their comfort zone and can be both physically and mentally demanding at times. Open to those aged 13 and above.
For more information and tickets, check out their Facebook event!