Create an account
and join the movement
Emojis sourced from emojione.com
We collect your personal information in order to:
- maintain a way to moderate usage of the This is ME website – this helps to keep the website free from bad content, ads, spam and trolling
- identify how the website is being used
- support the Sport Waikato Moving Waikato 2025 strategy to grow participation in sport, recreation and physical activity in the Waikato region
- verify your identity and address and process your requests;
- personalise your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- address feedback (we may contact you in response to your feedback submitted through our surveys);
- improve the Website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you) and the services and products we may provide you;
- send emails as part of our programme. The email address you provide which may also be used to send you information and updates, in addition to receiving occasional news, and service updates and
- related information;
- provide electronic funds transfer services, credit card account processing and related services;
- otherwise to conduct and develop our business; or
- any other use that you authorise
We collect personal information from you, including:
- contact information (the username, email address, phone number and location, and that you provide when creating a This is ME account)
- information about your ethnicity, gender, age, current activity level and attitude towards physical activity
- information about your computer or network
Your data is then stored in a secure database and only authorised staff are allowed access it either for moderation or data analysis purposes. We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold about you from unauthorised access, use and disclosure. We cannot, however, guarantee that our systems and stored data will be completely free from third party interception or are free from corruption.
We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the This is ME website. These tools collect information sent by your device, including the pages you visit and other information that assists us in improving the website. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual user.
- We may be required by law to disclose personal information you provide. We will only make the disclosure if we believe in good faith that we are legally required to do so.
- We will not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your personal information. This does not include to third parties contractors and service providers who help us operate our website, or provide our products and services to you. We will only disclose your information to the extent required for the limited purpose of the third party providing services contracted to us, so that they may service you.
- We may also use and disclose aggregated data (in a form that does not identity you individually).
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. To change your privacy settings on the Service, please change your profile setting. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong, or deleted. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, to have it corrected, or to delete your information from our databases, please contact us at email@example.com.